Time & Location
About the Event
Event #1 KATS 2021
Event/Date: Decker Lake – January 30th, 2021
Event Type: Single Launch
Captains Meeting/Weigh In: Walter E. Long Park
Address: 6614 Blue Bluff Road Austin, 78724
Contact Number: 737-217-2553
Entry Fees: $10
Camping Fees: None available
Launch Points and Boundaries:
The captain’s meeting/ weigh in will be held at Walter E Long. The single launch point will be the ramp at Walter E. Long Park. Check out the link with all relevant info here: https://tpwd.texas.gov/fishboat/fish/recreational/lakes/walter_long/access.phtml
1) Captains meetings will be Friday night, 7:00 p.m., LIVE, on the Kayak Angler Tournament Series - Texas Facebook page. It will be shared to the KATS - ACK page.
2) If you are utilizing TourneyX, be sure to register for the event on the app via the code in your registration confirmation. Also plan ahead for possible technical or service issues. If you are unable to turn your fish in via TourneyX, you may still turn them in, in person at the weigh in site.
3) Designated Launches are announced for non-roadrunner events at start of season. Maps will be provided prior to the event. For roadrunners, equal access, public launch points are the only acceptable launch locations. If your launch point is in question, please contact the tournament director.
4) There will be some changes on how photos are judged during the course of this season; please see the Photo Criteria section in the rules to see the changes moving forward into the 2021 season.
5) I, and the KGB, will have eyes on the water. FOLLOW ALL COAST GUARD RULES. If caught, you will still be disqualified. Life jacket, whistle, 360 light, etc.
6) Fishing times will be from 6:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. YOU MUST HAVE YOUR FISH SUBMITTED TO TOURNEYX BY 3:30 p.m. NO EXCEPTIONS.
7) You can launch at 6:00 a.m. and IMMEDIATELY start fishing at 6:00am, no earlier or you will be DISQUALIFIED.
8) MOUTH CLOSED
9) MOUTH CLOSED
10) MOUTH CLOSED
11) Absolutely no hand UNDER the gill plate or your fish will be disqualified
12) No hands on ANY part of the tail, especially where it meets the body
13) Hands may NOT be covering the eyes/mouth of the fish or it will be disqualified
14) Identifier MUST be in the photo or fish will be disqualified
15) Awards ceremony will be at the designated location on the KATS website
16) PRE FISHING RULES STAY THE SAME FOR BOATS AND KAYAKS
Please feel free to reach out with any questions! Have an awesome tournament!